kadango or not?

ryanjury

Its not an ahli.

A better pic would be better.

They are not in NZ too. Where do people get that idea from. Ahli are very expensive & very rare. They are very hard to get of in USA let alone NZ or Aussie. I know the wholesalers in asia sell them as ahli, but the are wrong.

A note for moderators too. If anyone here sells any electric blues as such delete please. It is selling an uncorrectly named fish. Causes confusion as people sell some as fryeri.

Frenchy :D

A note for moderators too. If anyone here sells any electric blues as such delete please. It is selling an uncorrectly named fish. Causes confusion as people sell some as fryeri.

Frenchy

What should they be named?

Personally, I'd like to see the scientific name used, and if not sure, a knowledgably person like yourself can ID them thru a photo.

Also if the FNZAS Breeding Coordinator sees these come thru in reports can question the naming of them.

Thanks for your efforts Frenchy.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the "Ahli" did make it here, however I am sure the price would be hideously expensive and deservedly so considering how RARE they are...

We have Sciaenochromis fryeri here and that's all I have seen so far.

Oh and not long ago some... (common name once again) :x ... "Electric Blue Haps" came in, definately not Fryeri, they have the spots on the body and more of a blunt face. Might nip out to Hastings and get a couple of pics for ya Frenchy.

Electric Blues do not have spots. Someone over there needs a wooden spoon.

If they look like Electric Blues, then they would of been crossed with lithobates more than likely. Has happened over here too.

The problem is also in some cases. People look at the fish & go they look more like these & call them that. It's a problem with cichlids world wide. It's either a poor specimen, cross breed....

Also Alan, as Mekhaela said.

Frenchy :D

Yeap it's only recently this lot came in to Frenchy, will see if I can get you a good pic of one or two.. definately have spots... they definately came in as Electric Blue Haps to... :-? :-? So with what you have said, seems like the suppliers have been diddled by the exporter :-? :roll:

Then a month or so down the track fryeri came in, fryeri being more or less double the wholesale price.. and they are definately fryeri, so seems you get the good with the bad in imports :-?