A troublin day yesterday

chickiejo

Hi, well i made a medioka mistake yesterday, i was doing a water change because i just added some new bogwood and two new plants the water had become very murky anyway when i was taking water out i could smell something burning oh hell when i looked over at the heater sum sort of debri had touched the heater which was now out of water and started singein then cracked the heater and broke i forgot to turn heater off i hurried to friends place borrowed their much smaller heater that after a a long time did not heat the water properly so ive ordered a new heater jebo 200watt fully submersible should arrive today in the mean time my cuboard that i had the tank on started to tip slightly so then i had to empty tank out again to min moved tank to higher up table and more stable slowly filled tank using plenty stresscoat and a touch of water clearer turned the smaller heater up to full feed the plecos left them to settle overnite they seem fine this morning and heater should arrive this morning which then ill swap them over. Which will be another process to go through again today maybe things will be k after that just a bad luck day. :( P.S I forgot to say I have a 6foot tank which is home to two plecos, a jebo filter, bubble blower, and just planted two new plants and several pieces of bogwood.

Dont you just hate days like that? I have done that myself, and my son nearly did that when we were doing a water change yesterday on our smaller tank... My paranoia leads me to keep a spare heater and filter on hand just in case :lol:

Im having one of those days today. Have just noticed in our new 74l tank that two of the neon tetras have a white spot here and there (fins and tail)... *sigh* So its time to roll up the sleeves and dig in I guess.

What kind of plecos do you have chickiejo? Do you have other fish too?

Hope everything gets back to *normal* again soon!

Keep smiling,

Shortee

:bounce:

Hi, i have one common pleco not exactly sure and the secound heres a pic maybe someone can tell me this ones type lol I dont have any other fish as yet not quite sure what to put in with them as had bad experience with my tank when i frist set it up i had two angels,two sharks 6tiger barbs,4 neons and one of the plecos i have now and my daughter decied to clean tank with shampoo so this is second time lucky well was hoping it would be. http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=142323015/PictureID=2936252867/a=87133417_87133417/t_=87133417 http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=142335447/a=87133417_87133417/t_=87133417