new aro not feeding, any suggestions?

A.PROPHECY

I wouldnt worry about it aye, give it atleast a week maybe two then start worrying about. I think you will find that one day you will walk past the tank and the he-she arowana will pretty much let you know its hungry, like it may follow you or come to the front of the tank etc. Hope that helps

Keep a close eye on your fishy.. try offer her some pellets, they are diffcult to teach to eat diffrent food.

your best bet would Be to keep feeding her ( i think she can be a her to meany men in this world) pellets and slowely introduce the shrimp. also if she is not used to getting live food then it will take her a wile to learn about it. i also recomend u bread your own live food so u dont introduce andy nastlys to your fish. saldy we have seen it happen

for now untill she is settled try keep the room the tank is in as quiet as possible and if she startes looking stressed (couler loss ect) turn the lights off and leave in the dark.

another thing u might wantto start trying to feed all your pretitory fish is mussle. u can get them frozen in bags (like shrimp) just thaw then and chop them up. we have founf feeding pellets (arow) to our arows have hugely helped with coulering then up and also its a stable diet and then things like shrimp, mussle is added on to a few days a week.

The reason we do this is because it keeps the tank a bit cleaner (what filter u got, how big the tank) and also to much fat is very bad for the digestive system on the arows (ours even eat peas).

Im sorry for your loss of ur other arow. how big was he?