The Great White Hand. Is it fishy enough?

The Great White Hand

Hello to all FNZAS members

Firstly, I'm delighted to have found your site and gained access to this great community of fishkeepers. I've gained the benefit of your expertise and experience as a guest on this site and had the pleasure of dealing with some of you on Trademe.

I bought a "two footer" on TM about a two months ago for the kids (Yeah right!) got it set up nicely, then a month ago, couldn't resist a 215ltr AR980 on TM. My wife layed down the law and said the AR980 had to go (a mate and the underbidder from TM were keen to take it off my hands at a tidy profit). there was no way it was leaving this house though! However, I did have to break my "two footer's" light in order to keep it. The fish and plants were going to die without the light s from the AR980, weren't they!

I have the AR980, extensively planted (variety of swords, crypts, cambomba, anubias, java ferns on driftwood, java moss, dwarf saggitaria, pigmy chain sword, saurarus, straight and twisted vals, glassos, and some others) and moderately populated (Blue Ram pair, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 3 Corys (Peppered, Bandit and Sterbai), 1 Brstlenose, 1 Otto (waiting on another 2 or 3 and an SAE), 26 neons and 20 harlequins.

I am currently running the AR980 filter and the Fluval 2 plus from the "two footer" until I'm happy with the water clarity (chemistry is just right). the water in the "two footer" was crystal, but the new tank hasn't got there yet, I might have to look at a canister to go with the built-in filter. I would welcome comment from other AR980 owners or those familar with set-up.

The story of my username is as follows and is probably not uncommon. It is because I've always got the forementioned "GWH" in the tank or playing with the filter, etc. Family and friends are always assuming the role of fish and saying "Oh no here comes the GWH again" and the like. John from Organism keeps telling me to "keep my hands out of the tank" and "chill out". On TM I'm Arnold500, as I used to bench press over 500lbs, but I might go fishy there as well.

The Great White Hand (aka Arnold500)

Hi and welcome to this fantastic forum!

Thought i would let you know about our meeting of Chch Totally Tanked which is going to be held on the Saturday 3rd of February about 5pm. Our address is 57A hoon Hay road, Hillmorton. You are welcome to come along. There will be a pot luck barbecue so bring a salad or something to chuck on the barbecue! Oh and be prepared to talk a lot about fishy matters!