Medicated fish foods

neill

Medicated foods are particularly effective as kills the parasite/worm etc from the inside out (as opposed to treating the water body which works from the outside in)

Commercially medicated fish foods are unavailable (NZ a long way behind on the medication front unfortunately due to strict regulations)

However, I've made up a homemade oxheart mix containing 3 various drugs, one for worms, one for bacteria, and one for hexamita/intestinal flagellates.

The only downside is the fish has to still be eating even though it is sick. Also these meds are hard to get.

all you have to do is make up your own homemade recipie (hundreds of variations, most have fresh fish/beefheart/vegie base) and then find the info on how much med to add per x amount grams/kilo/whatever of food.

i always ignore the x amount per 1kg of fish (cause its not like im gonna take a sick fish out of the tank to lie it on my scales to weigh it) :lol: