My male swords

fattythecatty

I have 2 male swords, 1 large and 1 smaller, younger 1 and 4 females. Now as you can imagine the big guy hassles the little guy. He doesn't seem to nip him but certainly gives him a hard time, chasing him a lot. My question is should I seperate them and give the little guy his own little harem or will they settle down in time? Cheers all!

Thanks guys. the tank is quite heavily planted and being smaller he can always get away from the bigger guy. Really I'm more worried about his fishy state of mind as the constant harrassment must be stressful for him. I could easily move him to the community tank and buy him a couple of ladies more his size. Fishy shopping for me :o and a happier life for boy sword. Problem solved do you think?

I've moved him to the community tank, I moved the smallest female as well and they both are doing well in their new home. they are the only orange fish in there so they're looking really good. So have moved 2 young rasbora into the sword tank as they're getting too big for the baby tank, confused yet? well, the sword fry are, they're following the rasboras around like puppies. I can almost see the rasboras thinking "who are these weirdos!!??" Ha,ha..........oh well, all good fun.

lol makes perfect sence.. wait 'til you're juggling a few more tanks - then you'll start to confuse people. Sounds good. All fish sound happy which is what is really important....

I've enven started confusing myself. Bought a vivid and numbered my tanks in the weekend. :D