Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discus are breeding

Featured Replies

Hey everyone,

Im in a little bit of a pickle at the moment, my discus are breeding in my planted community, which is throwing havoc at the moment in my tank. So the babies are beginning to squirm in their eggs which is unbelievable, and mom and dad are doing a great job chasing away the other discus, but there are sending the other discus to the far corners of the tank. The other discus are getting quite stressed tho, particularly my fav blue turquoise. Anyways my question is can I move the mom and dad into a 10 gallon tank which is all I have at the moment? With the leaf with eggs? I'm not wanting to grow them out I'm just flat out at work, but I'm worried that the other fish might become too stressed. The parents are getting heaps of knocks and scratches from the driftwood too, which is another cause for concern, and theres no way of removing the wood because I'll need to dismantle the tank to get to it. Thanks!

Yes you can do this but 30gallon is better. When you transfer the leaf over they may not recognise it and eat the eggs off it. This happened to me once when I moved a pair and the heater they had the eggs on.

Hi Al, good on you.

Yes you can transfer the leaf and the pair to a breeding tank but 10 gal is a bit small. Try to get a 20gal instead.

I usually transfer them when the eggs are hatch and 9 out of 10 times it work for me. Make sure you fill the tank with water from your com tank.

Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas to you.

Ron

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.