where's my Firefish????

HelifaxNZ

:(

Have been looking at my tank today and there is no Purple Firefish! :(

It looked happy enough yesterday, and today gone!

I recently got a new 35mm macro lens for my E-300 so here are some passing shots of my Firefish. May you RIP.

firefish2.jpg

firefish1.jpg

and here's one of shrimpy...

shrimp.jpg

The pics were only cropped or reduced to 800x600. No other alteration was done.

one of mine started hiding then disappeared, a couple of weeks later the second one did the same, both were healthy, eatting well and had been in the tank for a few months. I have heard of it happening to others as well. The other thing is I have heard they are jumpers, have you checked behind your sump etc?

I've definately looked around inside and out today and can't find it. :(

It's just fascinating how a fish could be there one day and overnight disappear :o

I'm sure the bristleworms just have a hoe down whenever they can and maybe while the fish is sleeping they attack!

When Bristleworms Go Bad :evil:

They don't like much current, in the old tank I had to slow the stream to get mine out, or I'm sure they would have hidden till they starved to death. Eventually they stayed out all the time, but if I turned up the current they would hide.

Don't think that's your problem though Bychineva :) . BTW those frags of that green thing you gave me are doing well, ended up 3 bits which I have glued in different environments, all doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct.

I turn off all my pumps tonight to do a water change and clean the sand and bingo my fire fish was swimming all around the tank.

What do you do? lower the current for one fish or stuff the little bugger for the rest of the tank?

They don't tell you these things at the LFS do they! No they look nice swimming around with no place to hide and low current.

Do I have low current days for the little bugger. Never seen him eat.

They don't like much current, in the old tank I had to slow the stream to get mine out, or I'm sure they would have hidden till they starved to death. Eventually they stayed out all the time, but if I turned up the current they would hide.

Don't think that's your problem though Bychineva :) . BTW those frags of that green thing you gave me are doing well, ended up 3 bits which I have glued in different environments, all doing well.

Glad there doing well ....

I have quite a lot of current. L7 return and two 6100 streams. Might be a bit much for the little falla.

Nice to hear that they do come out to play, maybe more time is needed.

How long before the were swimming all over the place?

Maybe I need another one?

the first was out the front of the tank within about 1 hour of adding, the second one the next day. I have a wavy sea and 2 1100 seios (4ft tank)so have a large amount of flow in the tank, they dont seem to mind to much. Adding the second didnt seem to change the behaviour of the 1st fish.