Clownfish question

Jammos

Hey

Lately i have been noticing that my female clown is as happy as all day but when the lights go out it goes up to a corner of the tank and looks like it has swimming problems (looks like it struggles to swim down) and thats where it is sleeping.

It doesn't gasp for air or anything though... and the male clown sleeps in his cave.

Is there something that i can change with setup or is see egg bound? or is it nothing to worry about?

please help.

Have you got an anenome?

The first pair of clowns that I had used to sleep like what you are describing. They didn't have an anenome and every night they used to go up near the surface and basically bob up and down. Used to worry me for a bit until I decided they were happy enough and thats where they decided to sleep. The clowns I have now sleep in their anenomes.

Keep an eye on her but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Their natural behaviour at night is to snuggle & bob right into the anemone where they will be safe for the night.

If they don't have an anemone or do have one but have not figured it out yet, at night they will go to whatever they think is the safest place, and behave as you describe.

ok thats excellent to hear thanks.

I did have an anenome but it died and they didn't like it anyway. :x

But i have had them for 6 months now so maybe she has always done it and i have never noticed.

She is safe there as there is a lid there and no overflows near.

cheers all