Silent Filters?

pugsby

I'm relatively new to fishkeeping and looking at setting up an aquarium in my bedroom. I would like the whole thing to be silent and not disturb sleep!

I currently have an aquaone AR980 in the living room and it makes some noise. I've read that aquaone, jebo, and sunsun tanks with the built in wet and dry trickle filter can be noisy. So I should not look to get one of these tanks?

So is my best bet to set up a tank with a canister filter? (I've never used a canister filter before but from reading on the net there seem to be silent ones.) What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for your advice. :D

I have a sunsun tank 1000mm. It has a spraybar filter system but is completly silent. I also have a canister running in it & that is quiet to but it is the noiseist part of it. It also helps if you store your spare filter wool around the canister. the sunsun has for water feeders that feed the water into the tank, they are submerged but can gurgle abit, I have stopped that by putting straws down the feeder.