Looking for Architect or Draft man.

chin168

How big are you thinking of making the fishroom?

Inside or outside?

What type of fish are you wanting to house, and of course that leads to the ?? what size tanks are you envisaging??

I have a friend who built a room INSIDE his garage, so it is doubly insulated.

Another guy built a small one outside, about the size of a large tool-shed.

Another good trick is to get a refrigerator contaner for about $2000 so I'm told. Excellent insulation.

I have converted my garage, and also have the small garden shed, (statehouse size), as a special shed.

You could take a trip out to see Phil, NZ discusman at Papakura, have a look at his shed, his stands and fish.

Never know, you may end up buying some of them. :roll:

Think insulation, insulation, then insulation.

I have also incorporated plastic piping into the floor to be attached to solar panels to heat the floor.

Night storage idea and cheap heating.

I'm sure that'd impress you.

Alan 104

it really comes to details of what you are proposing. if it is a small garden shed ,is under 10 m², and less than one storey high, it does NOT require a building consent. there is some other strict guideline, but check with your local council (territorial authority) to be sure.

Yes, I have check and talk to council, that why I need consent.

I have a garage on it own and a shed joint together. shed less then 10m2.

( Building consent is not requird: Does not exceed one storey and does not exceed 10m2 in floor area, and does not contain sleeping accommodation or sanitary facilites or facilities for the storage of potable water).

So as you can see that fish tank need water and also I need a basin to wash and wastewater to go out. All this need consent.

Alan, thanks for the information on cheap heating.

I m going to built a fishroom inside my garage too. I will be using about 1/2 the garage. Love to have a shed like Phil, but not much land in my place. Talk about him, he got a good set up, but no way I will buy fish from him.

So for the love of fish, have to do it right.

Cheers.

count yourself lucky

if you need a resource consent its $880 just to apply!

I hate ACC and wish nicky harger would write a book on hubbard.....

ACC's days are numbered now it obvious to everyone that auckland needs only one regional council!

count yourself lucky

if you need a resource consent its $880 just to apply!

I hate ACC and wish nicky harger would write a book on hubbard.....

ACC's days are numbered now it obvious to everyone that auckland needs only one regional council!

You should not need resource concent for a shed usually, just a building concent unless you are starting to exceed your coverage etc.

Skip the consent, put the water pipe in yourself. Hose will do if you don't want to get to tricky. Pressure pipe if you got the DIY bug.

Same with the waste water. I am going to use thet black ribbed hosing above ground to the drain when I need it (only 2 metres from the door). Once a week max. Save the $$$ for the fish.

I would only do it through the council if you think it will improve the resell value of the place - like if it could be turned into a sleep out later. The do it right the first time. Sewer conection, hot and cold water, electric.