6500k MH bulbs?

shiuh

rexel would have given you osram...

One of the things with MH is that they have a very high CRI, ( simply put MH produce a very good quality of light). When you see one of these burning you think "wow that must be daylight! Typically a MH of 5000K + will give that impression to the human eye. And from a few PM's with other forum members MH's of 5000k+ produce good ( if not excellent?) results in in fresh water aquariums.

There is alot of "artistic licence" around K's of any given tube, one example is here (www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageActio ... &ProdID=44 ) bulb i found in America Now if you go to teh link it CLEARLY shows an osram HQI-TS 150W /D and is advertised as 6400k...simple eh...

Not quite... here are osrams spec's http://catalog.myosram.com?~language=EN ... 0300437552

I will save you some time looking them up, osrams say this is a 5200K bulb.

And to stop you all rushing out to Rexel, they are available for about $80-90 +GST

Hope that sheads some light on things for you :lol: :lol:

DJ

what brand of bulbs are u talking about? true for some brands not true for others.

also better to ask for Ks rather than "day light" "neutral white" "warm white" as these terms are determined by each company while day light could be 3000K for one and 5000K for the other.

did we get any info on those bulbs TM?

Sorry, been flat out. I will let you know asap.

just went to Rexel Lighting and ask for a 150W daylight range . they said they dont do that range, only 3200 - 4300K for 150 W series, as for other nz lighting shop as well. the only daylight range available is 250W screw in types, is this true?

No, i have had 6500k and 10000k

• 3 weeks later...