Question about Jebo 502

SilverBlade86

I am currently using the 502 on a small tank at home

my only gripe is that if the filter pad gets clogged then the water will overflow all over the place.

To stop this from happening I have not pushed the filter pad all the way down by leaving a small gap at the bottom so that it won't overflow.

If the filter pad was slightly shorter would of been good.. which means that if the pad did clog up it would flow over the filter pad and into the tank.. not out the back over the filter and then onto the floor.

Also you can remove that filter pad and just put in some filter wool, and maybe some ceramic noodles if you have some handy (big though, small ones will get in the impeller during cleaning etc).

The pad was a terrible use of space, they could have made the unit a lot smaller or used multiple pads or something.

I've also found that sometimes the adjustment valve causes a blockage, often I'll just spin it around and straight away there is an increase in flow.

Handy for the price tho. If you're using it on a quarantene tank remember the standard pads and replacement pads have carbon in them (so you need to remove the pad if medicating).

Hmm, thats quite difficult isnt it. Based on the description, I assume that this will will be in the way of my lid?

Na its easy, its a really simple design, its just not the 'best it could be'.

And you'd need to tell us what kind of lid, but at a guess I'd say yes it will. The biggest problem with Hang-On filters is they take up a fair amount of space on the tank rim leaving less space for lids.

There are other filter alternatives, tell us about your tank and what you use it for if you want some recommendations.