How are the "New to Marine" people going

Krama

Haha shaneo thats a good little skimmer then, tanks looking nice BTW, cant wait to see recent shots....

I will use that skimmer again once i upgrade. I wouldnt mind upgrading to a highish tank that is not so long and average front to back, around the 150L mark....

How high is 'highish'? The higher you go the stronger your lights are going to need to be, IMO anything much over 600 should have 400w MH, just something to consider. Oh and the other thing to think about is reaching the bottom in a deep tank, my tank is 600 deep and to reach the bottom at the back the water goes to my shoulder

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks,

cant wait for it to all "grow up" a little bit.... keep watching it everyday... for the smallest sign of growth.. I am sure this will change.

I can even see some of my frags growing, and my clam is bigger ( i am sure it is).

Biggest grower is the anenome.

How this will be ok to host the clowns when they are ready.

mj

8)

Cheers for the catch-up to day Mark, was good to make contact and check what you up to. Thanks for sharing, ...next time my place when my new toys arrive.

And really nice coffee :bow:

You will have to settle for plastic coffee at my place though.. :oops:

shaneo

how long hav you been running your tank?

is you BTA still alive??

MJ

Its nearly one year old. The BTA is massive ! that powerhead was turned off so there was no risk :wink: It was just introduced when I took the shot and has since found a spot and hasnt moved since, just grown heaps! and I dont even feed it.

Photo makes the tank look like s@#t, so I cant wait for a good camera

I heard of the disappearing fish thing..... but it is always a good excuse to "retail Therapy" with that other fish you have always wanted.

Marine is great, but you can never really have all of the fish you want, so it is nice to have an excuse to try something new.....

mj

8)

I heard of the disappearing fish thing..... but it is always a good excuse to "retail Therapy" with that other fish you have always wanted.

Marine is great, but you can never really have all of the fish you want, so it is nice to have an excuse to try something new.....

mj

8)

mine didnt disapear, i saw it being eaten, funny that you feel it is a good thing, wait till you have the experance yourself.

JDM

Not sure why you think I find it funny. Just trying to look on the bright side of having a loss.

Maybe, when I am feeling frustrated/bothered, I like to go and purchase something, and what better than something new for the tank....

Isnt that why we got into the marine/reef system... the desire to have something special.

Any way, I have seen my coral angel like yours, go right into the middle and feed on food/scraps from the mouth of mine, wouldnt be surprise if it ended up like yours... probably only a matter of time.

If you like, I will take down my comment.

MJ

8)