Beta Availability in NZ

FancyFins

• 1 year later...

it is hard to get the different variety of tails in NZ, i have been looking for a while but Animates on Moorehouse Ave did have a couple of gorgeous CT's a couple of weeks back - but unfortunately was not pay week and therefore no purchasing went on (for me anyways)

i have often thought about the importing of them from Australia and did look into it but it would take alot of money and finding somewhere that would be happy to quarantine them for the time required.......

I've had very shy bettas before. I just feed them at the front of the tank, and give them a mirror at the front of the tank too. I think that helped because they would always be around the front, looking for food or looking for that other betta that they can seem to catch. :lol:

definitely just give him time and after he has gotten used to u, u may find that u can get him to be quite a social little betta ie mine rush to met me (tho they may jus be thinking its feed time) wen i put my fingers/hand in the tank i always get a rub and a nibble from one of my males and the spawn i raised got so used to me i could practically pull them out of the water with my hand rolled under them and they wouldnt even panic like most fish would............

• 1 month later...