Three tanks in one spot!

ocean4freedom

Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I moved in with my lovely lady and of course brought along my three tanks, a 250L, a 50L and a 15L. We ended up with the 250L in the lounge/bedroom with the 15L next to it (the lounge is the biggest, brightest room in the house and she has her art room in the other bedroom - Works well and a much shorter walk to the fridge for midnight icecream :lol: ). The 50L went into the kitchen. After being told it looks rather "messy" with the tanks all over the flat, I made a plan...

This was how the tank was before (sorry, not a photo but still accurate!)

Bigtank-before.jpg

With a bit of playing with a 3D design program (the computer geek in me coming out... 8) ) I came up with this design to sort out the whole issue, as well as sneakily setting up a situation to get some planes of glass I bought ages ago made into a new tank :wink: . This is the design now:

Bigtank-after.jpg

I would have liked to do the old photo-step-by-step post but sadly my camera is in some box and can't be dug out yet. (Fish stuff first, then find the camera - not sure if those are misguided priorities! :P )

I have now completed the frame and just need to round off all the edges and give it a good coat of paint. I'll post some more pics when I'm completely done and can find my camera