Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Help! Wot am I??

Featured Replies

Have an unknown new baby fish, after the addition of some Java fern and Java moss....different sources. Here are some pics, not great but its a fast lil ****. (hope I got the pic posting rite :oops: ) Is most definitely a top dwella and seems to eat flake and have seen it eat a bloodworm.

th_wot5008.jpg

th_wot5001.jpg

Any ideas?....will it be happy on its own? Or will it need some mates? Is in with some dwarf neon rnbo's, blue rams and gba's at mo....

Hard to tell but from the anal fin it could be a Killifish. I'm not a breeder so probably best to try asking in the breeders forum.

  • Author

Thanks Shae, I know nothing about killies so will have to do some research. How long do these Golden Wonders live? And would it be easy to get some friends for it? I really like it and its nice to have something that hangs out at the top

cheers

Shannon

Killies are cool, check out the killi section. Mine are in my community tank and the reason it got introduced is that the eggs can/need to be dried out before they hatch.

don't get annuals and non-annuals mixed up there meesheelly.

The Golden Lineatus used to be quiet readily available, one of the more common species of killifish, but it seems there has been a decline in available species left in New Zealand now.

There life span, as far as i remember is between 2-3 years.

Shae

Have an unknown new baby fish, after the addition of some Java fern and Java moss....different sources. Here are some pics, not great but its a fast lil ****. (hope I got the pic posting rite :oops: ) Is most definitely a top dwella and seems to eat flake and have seen it eat a bloodworm.

th_wot5008.jpg

th_wot5001.jpg

Any ideas?....will it be happy on its own? Or will it need some mates? Is in with some dwarf neon rnbo's, blue rams and gba's at mo....

Hi, did you by any chance get the java moss from Hollywood Mt Eden? I picked up some there a couple of weeks ago and a pair of killies were laying in the mass at the time. Maybe I should have gone back and got some more moss too :o) , have been thinking of trying killies in my large community tank.

  • Author

Yes Dasher got the moss from Hollywoods...and when I was there earlier today apparently other peeps have had killi babes too. I'm going to wait for this lil one to get abit bigger (that wont be long the thing eats like a pig) then I will see if I can get some others. They are way cool.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.