How old before they need to go?

ljtan55

Definately now. They are ready to pass on at that size, even if they can't be sexed.

Buyers should have the opportunity to get 6 at least, so as there is a reasonable possibility of at least one pair, but maybe more, to be formed.

Good one on the babies too.

When are you thinking of selling them??

Alan 104

Cool thanks for that. I guess if they're ready to go I better get on to it before they get too big for the tank. Will prob let them get a little bit bigger before they go tho, first batch, think I've got new father syndrome.

A friend suggested bringing them into a fish shop. What do ppl do with all the babies?? Just never thought it through.

I would sell blue rams on here and trademe people are always looking for good quality healthy blue rams that wont die like the ones you buy from the pet shops.

Nice looking spawn by the way im sure you will have no problems rehoming them all and getting a few $$ to cover the powerbill. :)

Would that be a good idea trying to breed from them? I mean they are all brothers and sisters... probably a dumb question cos ppl do that all the time to create strains, but just wondering.

Might be putting them up in the private trade and exchange section sometime in the future. Will prob be going relatively cheap when they do, probably put more emphasis on them just going to good homes.

Would that be a good idea trying to breed from them? I mean they are all brothers and sisters... probably a dumb question cos ppl do that all the time to create strains, but just wondering.

personally im anti-inbreeding but others dont mind. it does weaken the strain to some degree (even though it is used to create new ones which is why new strains are often weaker) as the parents to yours could have been inbred, their parents could have been inbred and so on, this is one of the reasons most of the rams around are very weak (which sucks cause i really like them) personal choice and its totally up to you, if your fish are strong and healthy then its better to breed them than weak siblings :)