Blue Dolphin aka C moori

Mooloo

Ok dumb question time :oops: I have a four ft tang tank with a few small peacocks and 2 blue dolphins that aren't obviously tang's. The tang's are 1 x large and 7 x small Alt Comps, 3 x Lion Heads 3 x Julie's and a few Rainbow fish as dithers oh and 2 x catfish. Thing is last night the Dolphins were doing teh wild thing which is all well and good, just now i was checking them and unless i have really terrible eyesight it looks to me like "BOTH" are holding eggs. The dumb question is do both the males and females hold the eggs?

Its now 2206 and another look confirms orange eggs in both mouths. The only fish larger enough to assist shall we say is two of the peacocks which will be strange considering they didn't partake in teh mating ritual.????

Thoughts please :-? :-? or do i need to buy some :o glasses.

first u could get glasses so you can look as hot like me...yea rite!!!

I have heard, that if there are no males present they could just do the whole ritual by themselves(females) and just skip the males bit.. So the eggs will not be fertile but the females will still hold till they figure out that its not going to work out. read this before on cichlidforum.com