Can a 3 cm sucker fish which died be eaten in 2 days by...

yh88

Fish population:

One 3 inch silver dollar, 6 red-sword tails (2 males) largest about 2 cm, 8 mountain cloud fish, 1 neon tetra, 1 head and tail light fish, 1 3cm sucker fish which died at about the same time as one of the male red-sword tail.

Now could this population of fish have eaten up the sucker fish 'cos I couldn't find it's corpse, whereas I could locate the male red-sword tail that died. Where has the corpse of the dead catfish have gone. I couldn't find it. My aquarium is about 45 litres and I don't have too many hiding places for the fish that I can't locate the corpse. I had been looking for the dead catfish for 2 days after the dead red-sword tail.

:bow::hail:

ya sure hes dead and hasnt just wedged himself in some silly hard to see place and is happy as larry? perhaps hes been sucked up in the filter, jumped ship or his corpse is really wedged in somewhere (remove all decorations and have a real good look i inside), make sure you check around and under larger rocks and plants too.

I had a simliar problem a while back.. but mine didnt die :D I have'nt seen it for 3 days. Thought something ate it or thought what you did. Then I started moving things around in the tank.. found him comfortably hiding in one of the holes in the driftwood.. He was very well and FAT.. :roll: