Does any one have an open topped planted tank

Seth

Im thinking about making one of these one day, using plants that can grow up out of the water i read that some of them flower ect quite welli think it could look stunning kinda like a garedn on top with a fish tank below.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyones done it allready.

One word on your tank design before you start.

Make the back and ends higher than the front.

This way you can do a lot more "out of water" aquascaping.

Also you could put a top on it, say it's 900mm high, and believe me, some plants will get that high under the correct conditions.

It could then be closed in the front with sliding doors.

Those in the BoP will recall a tank that Living Waters had.

Little waterfall even coming from the raised stone work at the rear of the tank.

Alan 104

Im long way of starting yet but i'll defintly give it a go some time.

So like a raised erea at the back and sides, and maybe on the underwater wall of the raised bit i could do a mesh moss/javafern wall so it wouldnt look bare at the bottom levals maybe lean the glass towards the back a little so it like flows from the bottom to the top leaval ??

make any sense?

Blueandkims tank is imppressive

so many ideas so little money lol

At the moment im considering a big cube type tank with two levals a deep leval with a slopeing java/wistera/moss wall to a higher leval with emergent plants and a planter on the back wall of the tank above the top of the emgent plant foliage with damp loving ferns etc that would hang down to meet the top of the emergent plants.

i have a very basic paint outline type pic but i havent masterd posting them yet