Hello hello...

CrazDevil

Greetings folks,

I just registered to this magnificent website few weeks ago and I thought I would say hi and to praised how wonderful and informative this webpage has been for me. :D

Been keeping fish since I was 15, on and off, and I have just started to get into it again in the last 6 months. I have a 360 L tank;

1 black ghost knife

3 clown loaches

2 brittlenose

1 pleco

2 SAE

2 Ottocynclus

5 tiger barbs

4 gouramis

5 neon tetras (my BGK has been good to them)

It is also a planted tank, my first hence I am a newbie and there are many more learning curves awaiting me. :)

Hi and welcome. You have some good plant growth starting there. I would get a backing sheet to hide the lines, lower the heaterstat and move it more horizontal to hid it, and get rid of the ship (a personal hate of mine - ships, divers, skeletons etc but a personal thing. If you like it then that's fine).

They look like good sized barbs and well fed.

Thanks for the advice. :) Never actually like tiger barbs till now, from past experience I had a group of 10 attacking the tail of every fish in the tank. But the 5 I have at the moment are very good to my other fishes so I am extremely delighted as I find them very entertaining to watch.

Will try to hide the wires, my housemates are giving me crap about it but I am just too lazy to do something about it. :roll: kekeke...

Going to get a pressurised CO2 as well in a few weeks time, the only dilemma I have is who is willing to fill the tiny cylinder, I heard BOC gas are not happy to do it.

Hi Graeme,

Great to hear that, finally I could ask someone regarding DIY pressurised system. I have been reading from some people who has already had it up and running and was wondering how much it is to buy the needle valve, bubble counter and etc.

The one I was contemplating was from http://www.toolsonline.co.nz/html/engineering1.html (7 items downwards), which was put up in one of the topics under aquatic plants. Was just wondering whether it's worth the $$$ and time to set one up myself or just get one from Sera/JBL. A quote i got so far is $500 for a whole system + 500 g bottle cylinder. Didn't think it was a bad deal.

Anyways tell me what u think. :) Cheers.

That's a good price for the whole setup, The regulator I got through a local engineering firm, took a while to find the one to fit a soda stream bottle but we got there, Price $71.00. No guage. The needle valve was from the local hydralics guys. $25.00. They trough the pipe and fittings in. My Reactor/bubble counter I built from bits of old filters $0.00. I also found that an accurate pH meter and a kH test kit was essential to know what was going on. And of course the knowledge and help from these Guys and Girls at FNZAS to try and work out water chemistry. Hope this helps. Would love to call in next time I'm Palmy or if you're coming this way, give me call.