Newly Discovered Panaque Sp and Cochliodon Sp

springer

This is really amazing, within the space of a week of two, I've heard and seen the pictures of two newly discovered Sp: a royal and a potential variant of L360. Will get the pics and post it here, stay tuned!

I think someone already posted the new Cochliodon pics in PC, I will try to get the pics from source (anyone else please feel free if you already have them).

Here you go (pictures courtesy of Boss Chui from Taipei Underwater world)

I heard it is a big growing royal (not in the same class as LDA65). 32 were collected, half went to Japan, the rest went to Taiwan. I will try to get hold of the name of the remote river this fish was discovered. First look it's like a L27 Tapajos, but the dorsal fins are smaller and the pectorals are bigger proportionately. The head structure is also different, will try to ask for a mouth shot.

pics will come in about 5hrs

it looks just like all the other royal varients, i think i read theyre all the same species? but come from different parts of the rivers and sometimes develop different colours/features? i wonder why they class varients as new species/L numbers? itd be like classing black mollies as a diff species from white ones

well L number is just an easy way to separate them apart with out giving them a new scientific long name or common name for that matter they are still in the same species other wise when u say BN it can mean GBA, albino BN, marble, golden marble, marble long fin, albino long fin, starlight............etc