October 3, 200620 yr comment_124132 sweet thanks. That sand looks nice... i might need to get some :lol: Report
October 17, 200619 yr Author comment_126443 During a study break :lol: , I cleaned the back wall and added some more sand. Have been dosing vodka for the past week or so, I'm really happy with the results. Can see alot more dormant tips starting to grow. Some of the algae has turned grey and falling off. Can't wait to see it in a months time I'm used a Fuji S5500 for this, but can't seem to get the right color. Everything is either white or dark and dull. Is it just the camera or a setting ect? Kyle Report
October 17, 200619 yr comment_126483 Can you change the type of lighting setting on the camera? On my Canon you can choose between Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H, plus the usual AWB, Daylight etc. I find that for my tank Fluorescent H works best (PC Blues and 150w MH). If I use the flash everything looks washed out, the other settings make everything look blue. Report
October 17, 200619 yr comment_126484 oh kool you have one of those red+white shrimp. What are they called? Report
October 17, 200619 yr Author comment_126505 oh kool you have one of those red+white shrimp. What are they called? Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp is their full name. Report
October 17, 200619 yr comment_126506 KP - Lysmata amboinensis is the full name. Until today I have never heard them referred to as Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, just 'another' name, red+white shrimp is equally as accurate and meaningfull. Pie Report
October 17, 200619 yr Author comment_126507 I would call that its latin name. But I don't know latin :lol: Report
October 17, 200619 yr comment_126510 looks great kp, must make some time to come for a visit. are you going for a dsb? Report
October 17, 200619 yr Author comment_126518 Yeah, DSB, IMO you either go BB or DSB. There is no in between (unless you replace or clean the sand regularly). Probably still need a bit more sand, we'll see. Report
October 18, 200619 yr comment_126553 looks sweet KP, little frags looking good, bit of colour coming through too, good work. Report
January 6, 200719 yr Author comment_138819 Here is my new fishie, Comet, hes an Achilles tang (Acanthurus achilles). Hes a bloody quick and with my crap camera skills its a recipe for blurry pics :-? Hope you get the gist For those with a sharp eye may notice that hes has a couple of spots of 'that we dont speak of'. He had a bit of an outbreak last week but hopefully now with a bit of luck he will bump off the last few spots. Will keep eagle eyes on him thou Lastly dont mind all the algae, I haven't had a tang in my tank before so the amount of food I'm adding has gone up ten fold :-? . He is so well feed he doesn't touch nori or the algae in the tank :oops: Cutting back to normal levels so should have a reef again soon. Report
January 6, 200719 yr comment_138940 Tangs, especially ones like the Achilles and Powder Blues, are the kind of fish that inspire the comment: "You couldn't have painted it better colours and patterns even if you designed it yourself!" Report
January 6, 200719 yr Author comment_138941 He is a real awesome fish and he knows it 8), too bad my photo skills suck. JDM might have to come round with a real camera Report
January 6, 200719 yr comment_138943 cool, im into that. he looks great in real life, hope my skills can capture that. :-? Report
January 6, 200719 yr comment_138949 That is a fish I have always wanted. Oh for a bigger tank! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.