Red Sea Prizm Pro deluxe VS Deltec MCE600

bychineva

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate I'm going to go for a prizm on my new tank. Think some Deltec buyers are victims of good advertising? Thats a question! Surely you can get equal skimming using a different brand??? at a lower price...... just quietly :wink:

If that were true, people would regret upgrading to a deltec. I haven't found many yet... just quietly :wink: .

Sounds like your up for the prizm vs deltec mce600 challenge? I'd be happy to be put in my place :D cause then I'd know if it's worth spending more :lol:

If that were true, people would regret upgrading to a deltec. I haven't found many yet... just quietly
guess you allready have a deltec to compare to?

Then Show me all the quality tanks that have a prism skimmer?
Like I said in my post, It's a question. Like bychineva I'm looking at the two and trying to decide. I've seen what a prizm pulls and was impressed, so why would I want to spend so much more on a skimmer for a 400lt tank?

The title of this thread isnt fair is it we are comparing a $700 skimmer (retail) to a $1100 skimmer

Lucky you are not in the aquatic industry. dont see many prizm pro skimmers for $700 retail. you must have had the wrong sticker.

• 2 weeks later...
Howd you figure that, I have both & they take out the same amount of crap

The Deltec is a top of the range skimmer which is hand made so the price will be more, however what you get is a far superior skimmer especially in performance and quality. Just look how it is made. it actually looks and feels like something quality. the prizm is a mass produced thin plastic.

The air input is far more than the prizm which would suggest far better performance already.

The prizm is ok for cheap low-medium cost skimmer and the Deltec covers the high end. So comparing them on price is not really realistic. As it is there is not much in it anyway.

Deltec are renowned for making superior skimmers and red sea does affordable skimmers which cover the low-medium market.

The added bonus of a surface skimmer is a bit of a throw away line as you can do the same thing with the deltec once you get the parts.

And again at the end of the day you pay for what you get.

The tag that the Deltec is better is also backed up by G Schiemer who is highly respected in the Hobby.

So, my initial opinions and impressions of this skimmer remain the same. It’s the best HOB skimmer that I’ve seen or used, and I can confidently recommend it to anyone in the market for a high-quality HOB skimmer

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006/7/review

I've recently got a bio-wheel skimmer setup on a tank. I was super skeptical, however having witnessed it in operation it pulls out tonnes of crap, dark then skimate. Its hard to imagine how the thing can work so well, but its awesome.