Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Nilocagain

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Nilocagain replied to Nilocagain's topic in Welcome
    I remember the old chat room seemed like Caryl was away's on it (I guess I was also) No chat room these days or a NZKA anymore?
  2. Anyone out there still have white worms, I know Rennis used to have plenty back when I was in Auckland, Just looking at getting back into breeding betta's maybe just testing the waters atm
  3. I'm a lot rusty but if I remember right Angels are that in name only and like to fin nip smaller slower fish and or each other, I've kept cichlids, small and large but never had any luck keeping plants alive in same tank with them. I'm not sure of Rainbowfish having never owned any. Just my 2 cents worth and I know I haven't helped at all with your plight
  4. Nilocagain replied to Nilocagain's topic in Welcome
    I'd love my old account back, but old age and 3 kids have stolen my memory of old email and login
  5. Nilocagain posted a topic in Welcome
    Niloc here some may remember me from 2006/2007 when I was last on here, I moved to Nelson and now have my own little family (not so many fish). Just wanted to say hello and see who's still active
  6. Nilocagain joined the community
  7. My ghost i've had for 3 months and lives with a pair kribs, 2 anglicus loaches, 6 clown loaches, 3 gba's, 4 kuili loaches and 10 mixed guppies and fry(as live food for ghost etc) It seems very happy to me Colin
  8. Nilocagain replied to andre's topic in Freshwater
    I've had mine for 3 months and it is growing well with all the guppy fry it can eat and bloodworms as well. Never seen it eat flake but it is very active around feeding times
  9. I'll be coming, but losing internet access at home after tonight so may have problems with this site soon
  10. Good luck with the fry....
  11. Nilocagain replied to Snowman's topic in Freshwater
    Is'nt that the guppyless tank? When did you notice the swords? Do you want a burmese tiger loach to sort out the Zodiac?
  12. I would also be interested in pic's or a plan, so I could make my own as I have 40-50 betta fry of various ages. Colin
  13. She has very long ventral fins(sp) you sure she's a she and not a plakut male(sp, short finned), I've now been breeding and raising mine for months I have only been leaving them together for 1 day max(otherwise female gets shreeded fins) I feed her/them up for 16 days and go again(seperate in same tank). have about 30-40 fry now from 3 to 12 weeks old. I also use a piece of poly for the male to build his nest under and have very little surface water movement. My best breed was my last, I almost turned the bubble filter off and let the water go green. Free food for fry (the green water) gave me less losses. Hope some of this helps Colin
  14. After 3 spawns I now have convict fry and in another tank I think my male B/N is guarding/fanning eggs...(This time I won't look, just leave him too it) It never rains, It pours
  15. Working on the adult size of the B/N's you could keep 7 guppies, but thats using the 4.5lt's/25mm of fish. I'd prob keep more. Buy privately where you can see the tanks they come from, you should have had a look at mine when you were here the other day Cheers Colin
  16. One way would be to float your new one in the tank with the other, if they both flare up.....Males usually have longer ventral and anal fins. I'm having trouble with sexing mine, until I see them flaring up at each other. Cheers Colin

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.