Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

caroldaisy3

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. No. had it for a couple of years
  2. caroldaisy3 posted a topic in Diseases
    I have patches of brown algae on the glass of my aquarium which comes a few days after i have done a water change. How can I avoid this? :env:
  3. caroldaisy3 posted a topic in Freshwater
    I have brown algae on the glass of my tropical tank. About 4 days after cleaning the tank it reappears. What can I do to get rid of it for good? :env:
  4. Tank is 120 litres. I thought about getting a third discus but have had three before and one got picked on until it died. am somewhat reluctant for that to happen again.
  5. I have two discus..I got the second one a month or so back and the first one was quite aggressive to it. Now the tables have turned and the newest one is aggressive to the first one. Is this normal behaviour. Would it be a mating thing? Sometimes they go nose to nose, sometimes they are quite happy swimming together. Certainly they are entertaining to watch!
  6. Thanks for the information. I have had three before and one got picked on all the time and died in the end, whether from stress or what I don't know. I have not seen it eat yet but could be early days, just got the second one yesterday.
  7. OK thanks for that info. I will have to weather it and hope for the best.
  8. My tank is 120 litres...is that big enough to get two more discus...making a total of 4?
  9. Oh I do so hope they settle down...is it likely to go on for a couple of days or how long do you think? When you say separate them do you mean put a divider in the tank it itself?
  10. I have today bought a second lovely discus fish but the discus I already had is not too happy! Chasing the new fish around all the time. Have had two discus before that got on well right from the start. Is this sort of aggression normal? If so, how long would it normally last?
  11. Thank you for all your replies...am off to the vet right now (Sunday am) while he is open.
  12. its body is really thin - looking at it side on you can see the outline of the guts and skull. it doesnt seem to be eating either. just put some food in the tank and it just sat at the back while the other fish gorged themselves
  13. my son in law just came round and said how skinny one of my discus are. i had one recently which was skinny but had treated that with the dog worming tablets (half tablet dissolved and then flakes in there to suck up the liquid - the fish still died so i dont want this to happen again to this fish) i need help before it dies - what can i do?
  14. Thanks Danval...will do.
  15. ...a bit like cotton wool on different parts of their body. Can someone tell me what it might be and how to cure it please. I want to get more Neons but need to sort this out first.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.