Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

AtomicHotdog

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. It's a popular spot. On a Saturday morning there is quite often a queue of people getting large amounts of water. I'm sure some people are using it for their aquariums.
  2. I think I have some small scratches on the inside of my glass tank, they are not obvious, but every time I look at the tank now I see them Does anyone have any magical tips for repairing this type of thing? (If its even possible).
  3. Lipstick Barb Skanke-le-good-time-maximus?
  4. It's solid stone. But still the algae on it doesn't do it any favors.
  5. Thanks for the feedback everyone. No eggs yet, though lots of mating type shenanigans goes on most nights. (dinner + movies + shimmering + surface cleaning, though no "come inside for coffee" yet) I'm still undecided about the Buddha. My original play was for the plants to grow quite thickly around it so it isn't so prominent - but it's getting pretty green with algae in the various crevices so I might scrap it. I'll keep posting updates in this thread though.
  6. Not to much has changed, planted some more Dwarf Sag, and most of the plants seem to be doing well except for one of the Crypts that disintegrated I need to get some GBA's or something to start cleaning the rock at the back, it's starting to really show the algae
  7. I've got one bristlenose pleco, maybe I need a couple. What is a GAE? :oops:
  8. Sorry to go off topic, and I know it's somewhere in this massive thread but I'm having trouble finding it... How did you end up keeping your rocks clean from algae Phoenix?
  9. I hear 'envelopes' eat plants hehe
  10. Whats SAE? More pic's later today Phoenix (though not to much has changed, one (just one) of the Crypts has desolved... lol)
  11. No, not the plants!
  12. Congo Tetra's could be an option. Another potential option I have just come across is the Red-line Torpedo. From what I have read they are pretty peaceful kept in groups, though they can be fast swimmers which might be stressful? I also read mixed reviews of whether they ate plants, anyone had any experience with them?
  13. For those people that keep or have kept Angelfish, what type of fish have you kept with them? I'm wanting to add something quite colorful. I have heard larger Tetra can be OK, but what are some other good options?
  14. Not to sure about the drift wood, though I am thinking about Bamboo stalks to continue with my theme. Plants seem to still be doing well. I'm having trouble deciding what type of fish I want to add with the Angels. But before I add more fish I need to take my heater back to the store. The highest temp I seem to be able to get at the moment is 25.9 even when its set at 32. Ideally I want it to be 28. It started off ok, but over the last week it's started playing up. Fish suggestions welcome. :bounce:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.