Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lucy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Great photos, I know they wouldn't have been easy to get. Fiordland is spectacular, especially to dive in it's clear waters. Fabulous!!! Are you a member of a photography club?
  2. Is a safety factor of say 1.8 OK. I understand that if it is less than 1 there is a chance of a tank breaking but what would be ideal. In laymans terms what does it mean please.
  3. lucy posted a topic in Freshwater
    Hi I'm about to go back to to the Disputes Tribunal and wondering if anyone out there would like to be a witness for me i.e. had broken or leaking Aqua One Tanks. There's a lot of information on these tanks breaking but I need people that are willing maybe to go on telecommunication or be present at the hearing. I'm in Christchurch and the hearing is on July 10th.
  4. I'll look into it but I'm already involved with the disputes tribunal, I've had one hearing already and it wasn't resolved then. Thanx for your input.
  5. They have involved an Independant Case Analysis Consultant and he is advising them that if I go to court on Friday to counter claim $3,800 for costs incurred plus filing fees. They have my broken tanks and are having them examined by Environmental and scientific Research.
  6. Amazonian can I contact you other than through FNZAS, I have my second meeting on Friday I feel I need more information as they may counter claim against me.
  7. Amazonian, just wondering if you would like to be a witness via telecommunication?
  8. Would you be willing to be a witness on telecommunication?
  9. I would like to know how many people out there have had problems with Aqua One tanks please, either breaking or water spilling over the top.
  10. lucy replied to lucy's topic in Freshwater
    Thanx guys for your help, I broke two last night remember they are already cracked and terriums now. My partner has something to accuratley measure them with, they look about 5mm thick, what a difference to doing the old fingers together trick. I'm also going to sample some of the corner glass aswell thanx for your input. 8)
  11. lucy replied to lucy's topic in Freshwater
    Sorry I don't live in Auckland and taken so long to reply, but thanx for the offer. I think I will break one of my tanks properly and prove it's not very thick. I made enquiries yesterday at the pet shop, they rang the ditributers and got back to me that they are 10mm to 12mm thick, not sure why my fingers were just about touching from either side of the glass. I'll keep you posted. :bounce:
  12. lucy replied to lucy's topic in Freshwater
    Thanx for the site for calculating the strength of a tank. I measured the tank, the problem is I can't get the lip off to measure the thickness of the glass, but I put my finger each side of it and they were approx 2mm apart. Does anyone know the thickness of glass in a 620T tank so I can accurately get a calculation? :roll:
  13. lucy posted a topic in Freshwater
    Hi I have asked this question previously but only got one answer so would like a general consensus please, if you move a tank or bump it, what sort of time frame is it likely to break in please.
  14. Yes I'm in dispute with Sales@Kongs they are the importer, they are saying it doesn't happen and it's my fault, I am interested if anyone else has contacted them directly! Disputes Tribunal look at the evidence but it is not taken as true evidence in court without the witness. Yes two tanks were T's and one AR620. 3 in total. :bounce:
  15. I know this is a while ago, but did you have any luck with dealing with Sales@Kongs, I'm currently in a disputes tribunal hearing and they have informed me they have never had any problems with their tanks breaking without cause, i.e. being bumped etc, they are saying I bumped it with a vacuum cleaner. I think I would have remembered that and I don't vacuum at 6.30am. :roll: I get the drift that they are happy to replace, but I'm thinking they shouldn't be breaking in the first place, it is so stressful.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.