Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Hygrophila augustifola
- Origin: New Zealand
- Temperature (°C): 19 - 22
- pH range: 6.8 - 7.5
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 150
- Light: Strong
- Height: 75 - 100mm
- Difficulty: Less Demanding
- Notes: The leaves at 7.5 - 10cm are noticeably longer and slenderer than other Hygrophila and are longer again when emersed. Tips taken from emersed plants grow roots very quickly under water. Mature plants can be encouraged to bush up by nipping the tops.
- Propagation: Vegetatively from cuttings
- Source: FNZAS