Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
Echinodorus grandiflorus syn. argentinesis
- Scientific Name: Echinodorus argentinesis
- Origin: Southern Brazil - Paraguay - Uruguay - A
- Temperature (°C): 15 - 25
- pH range: 6.8 - 7.5
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 200
- Light: Medium
- Height: 400 - 2000mm
- Difficulty: Less Demanding
- Notes: As an emersed plant its lanceolate leaves may grow a metre above the water. Most aquarists will not achieve this growth but keep it dormant as a submersed plant.
- Propagation: By aerial runners - pinch young plants off runner & repot under good strong light
- Source: FNZAS