Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Cryptocoryne ciliata
- Origin: Thailand and Malaysia
- Temperature (°C): 22 - 28
- pH range: 6.0 - 7.5
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 150
- Light: Strong
- Height: 1200mm
- Difficulty: Demanding
- Notes: There are 2 varieties of C. ciliata. The above variety is 1.2 metres tall & propagates by long rhizome runners. A second variety C. latifolia var. latifolia is only 15 - 25cm tall & does not propagate by long runners - new plants develop directly on the rhizome from dormant buds.
- Propagation: From runners
- Source: FNZAS