Databases compiled from the Ministry of Primary Industries list of Tropical fish allowed to be imported into New Zealand.
Freshwater Fish A toH. Freshwater Fish I to Z. Tropical Marine Fish .
Killifish on list Marine Invertebrates. Exotic Reptiles and Amphibians
- Scientific Name: Ophiopogon japonicus
- Origin: Japan
- Temperature (°C): 15 - 25
- pH range: 6.8 - 7.2
- Hardness (ppm): 50 - 200
- Light: Medium
- Height: 100 - 300mm
- Difficulty: Less Demanding
- Notes: The leaves are stiff leathery & strap-like. Two colour varieties exist - a black & a green form. Not a true aquatic plant, commonly used in outdoor rock gardens.
- Propagation: Emersed from root runners or short rhizome runners. Can be transplanted underwater easily
- Source: FNZAS