Suicide up North

skippy

Just went to reposition my clam and found a very dried up 6 line wrasse on my cover glass :cry::cry:

He was sweet this morning, swimming about happily. Methinks my stroppy old flame clown gave him the hurry up - grumpy cow bit me when I was moving the clam :evil: Bit me 8 times on Saturday when I gave the tank a spruce up to show it off - drew blood too - miserable %%$$&& :-? His tail looked a bit munched so I think someone was having a crack at him.

Top of the tank is now fully covered up with glass. Never had a problem with jumpers but have now had 2 in about 6 weeks - about the same time as the clowns have been laying :x More of a hassle at feeding time but I guess it beats funerals :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

need to keep working on that - may need to build a new house though :lol:

Spent time in Aussie as a kid - hence the moniker "skippy" when I arrived in NZ. Hasn't been used since a few years after I left school, but thought it would be a good username :D

Maybe I should change my avatar :lol: I' ll see if I can find one somewhere

Found one :D:D:D

Yeah Fay, I read about your clown - bummer :cry: It's even worse when it is one of a pair.

Had the same deal with a pair of true percula's. The story I was told is that they were imported together, with their anenome. True story or not it rips ya when they go horizontal. How long had you had your clown for?

Since October,

Yea my six line talks to me turns from side to side at me I love him he used to be very shy and kept in the rock work, but a real show off now.

You will have to get another they are a great fish

Yeah he was a neat little guy so will probably will try and get another one. :( Had a bicolour blenny that jumped as well. He was very cool - used to play hide and seek with me :lol:

Glad you like the avatar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Skippy,

I don't know how your tank is set up, but watch for temp. changes with lid closed. I had my tank running for about 6 months (open lid) firefish gobie bailed out. :cry: I closed the lid so no one else would follow his lead. I didn't think about heat accumulating from the lighting :oops: Next thing I knew temp. had crept up to 88! (it took about a week) I know I should have noticed sooner, but sometimes I barely have time for feeding and head count! Luckily only 1 casualty, but of course it was my favorite. My flame angel! :cry:

Hi Venustus

Thanks for the advice re the overheating, but I am ahead of you there. Have left a bit of a feeding strip between the glass panels which helps heat to dissipate (helps with feeding too :D )

BTW - 88F is about 31C - which is way too hot if you are a fish :o

Cheers

Skippy