Filter for 700l tank

Fred

Hello all as you can tell by my impressive posting numbers of about 3 im a newbie

im going to asia in under a weekk and when i come back i have plans on getting a large tank 700l proximaty and i am wondering what kind of filters do people recommend? do you get filters that can run that big or is it cheaper easier to get a couple of smaller filters?

it is for a cichlid tank

cause ideally i would like to get myself a filter from asia potentially a fair bit cheaper than they are here

sorry for the very vague question still learning

thanks heaps

For cichlids the bigger the filter the better. I always like to have more than one filter on big tanks anyway in case one malfunctions (which happened to us recently).

There is a new Fluval 5 out which looks brilliant. I am planning on getting one myself after seeing blue&kim's filter in action recently.

External canisters for a tank this size plus it never hurts to have 1 or 2 smaller internals as extras.

the other option for a tank that size would be to run a sump under it with a trickel filter. As an added bonus you can also put all your heaters etc out of your main tank. If you want to know how to setup a sump have a look in the saltwater section, we just about all do this but without the trickel filter. Also have a look at www.dursostandpipes.com