Hi All

Matthew

Hi folks

I have not said much about me so I thought it was time I did.

I'm a 24 year old who grew up with a large number of tanks around me where I was born (Dad use to sell fish). Now i'm a little subdued with one three foot community tank and a 18inch tank with mountain minnows in it.

It's a significant change from when I took to breeding siamese fighters, (a cool fish to watch breeding, but a definite need for a lot of tanks when you have them at a decent size). I also have a pair of Oscars which my brother in law is looking after (not quite enough room to house them where I live) which were kind enough to lay eggs for the first time a month or so ago. Those eggs weren't fertile, but I eagerly await the batch that is.

I have an interest in setting up a heavily planted tank with discus and cardinals, and probably panda corys but as I'm getting married shortly i have had to halt that plan. Yes I do know i'm under the thumb but fortunately i have been given permission (long term) to set up my tank, so I am looking forward to that.

For anyone who cares this sight has got some great information and it is fantastic to be able to learn from others experiences, keep the posts coming

Regards

Matt

When I started this community tank I made sure my fiancee picked all the fish, we flicked through a fish profile book and she chose the 'pretty ones'. It meant she had part ownership of the tank so that is a positive sign that in the future she may be more involved

Well, this is "The Fiancee" here, and in spite of myself I am (reluctantly!)interested in Matthew's fish (because he lets me name them!). I'd be more interested in cheaper fish, however, and I'm worried about this discus phase that Matt's entering... I must say though, that Matt set up a really wonderful system for keeping all his siamese fighters in - previous phase - and he did a good job of breeding them too. Any questions about any of the types of fish he's kept, and I'd say Matt's a good one for coming up with an answer.