May 5, 200620 yr comment_100020 I've got a couple of Nutrafin CO2 systems. What's a good recipe to make up instead of buying the sachets? Cheers, Al Report
May 5, 200620 yr comment_100027 Best formula for getting CO2 - 1) Sell the Nutrafin systems on TradeMe. 2) Get a pressurized system. If you seriously want to keep using the mixture it's sugar yeast and water. 2 cups sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of yeast (surebake is what I used) and fulled the bottle up to where the bottle starts comming in (about 1 1/2 lts or water) Report
May 6, 200620 yr Author comment_100155 I'll try that. I'm more than happy with what I've got. I certainly don't want anything better as I'm throwing away cuttings every week! Report
May 9, 200620 yr comment_100468 Hi Showtime, If you find that mixture doesn't last to long, adjust the yeast and sugar amounts. I use 2/3 cup sugar and just under 1/2 teaspoon of yeast. make sure you give it a real good shake up to get it started. Good luck... Report
May 9, 200620 yr comment_100479 Even 1/4 teaspoon yeast will do. It's the alcohol the yeast produce in the end that kills the mix so the more yeast the quicker it will die. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.