Breeding Bronze Cories?

lowndsie

I noticed the other day that my 2 cories were breeding in my guppy fry tank. One was spraying eggs everywhere but as soon as they stuck to something they were both eating them all... I'm guessing they will breed again but how do u stop them from eating all the eggs? I thought I was feeding them enough. Is there anything I can do?

• 4 months later...

Feed them well with lots of live foods, or frozen bloodworms. females will be swell with eggs. to induce them to spawn. drop the temp down 5 deg Celsius. and have an airstone running full on with lots of water moving. after the spawn strape the eggs off using a card. ie an old bank card or something similar. put the eggs into a small container/tank with few drops of M. blue and have airstone running. wait for eggs to hatch. in the first 2-3days, the babies dont need to be feed as they still consuming their egg yolk. feed newly hatched bbs or MW straight after when they start searching for food.

My albino corys (bronze) spawned again yesterday morning and as I had the day off I got to sit and watch the antics again. Ok perving :D. Anyway the three females place hundreds of eggs all over the glass and plants about every 3 weeks usually following a waterchange and bloodworms but this time it was only bloodworms. I have some eggs in a trap and will see how it goes this time but I think my poor wee male simply has not got enough "juice" to fertilise the eggs as They have been doing this for sometime now with no results.

However now there are no rogue juvenile cichlids the eggs are still there tonight and the corys aren't interested in them which is great. Who can tell me what colour fertilised eggs are after 24 hours. I have three females and one male - I think I would be more successful with that the other way around. I also have other species of cories and are trying to get them to spawn also, but I have not been trying seriously enough and might get more serious if I could solve the simple ones first. These photos were from yesterday two hours after roughly.

MLNA0011.jpg

MLNA0012.jpg