Slightly hazy water

Poppy

I've got 280L corner unit, running a decent sized

cannister pump and a good balance of community fish.

Tiger barbs, kissing gouramis, angels, rams, a couple of loaches

and a large Featherfin Sydonytis. About 6 or 8 plants that seem

to be thriving. River rocks & gravel.

The whole thing has been together about 8 weeks with fish being

added each week after the first week empty.

Problem is a slight haze, almost blue. Initially I thought that

as the tank settled and the fishies made it their home, all would

come to a balance and clear . . . . . . or am I worrying

prematurely?

Any advice or thoughts welcome.

I agree with blue but are you also checking the water parameters? That seems a lot of fish to have added so quickly. Have you any test kits? When starting a new tank it helps to check the pH, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels so you can tell if the tank is cycling properlyl. It will also help you decide when to do partial water changes.

Leaving the tank empty for a week would have done nothing except allow the gravel dust to settle and for you to check the consistency of your heaterstat temperature (which is a good thing to do). It will have not started cycling until you added some fish.

A 280L corner unit sounds good. Do you have any pics?

Thanks folks.

The blackout never helped, the water tests fine

(dont ask me what 'fine' is as I dont know but I am assured it is)

The fish have been added at the prescribed rate (worked out by the people around me who know about these things) and the balance has stayed good.

I tried some fluc (Aqua clear) as it seemed like it might be fine particles. Noticible difference this morning. Another dose tonight and we should be sparkling....... hopefully.

I have a couple of pics. Do you want me to put them here or somewhere else?

Featherfin Sydonytis

Is that him in the close up saying cheese?

The last tank I bought was second hand, came with filter, gravel & some water :) , shoot can't remember exactly when I bought it, I have to check here :lol: anyway, my point is even though the tank was only dismantled for a short time to get to my place...I find it's only now that it's getting nice & clear. Although, I have to admit where I have it & with no background on it, I didn't find it as easy to tell if it was clearing, I was beginning to think it wasn't. Sorry, my point in telling you that was :o even though I had the gravel & filters, it still seemed to take quite a bit of time to start clearing.