What the Heck is going on here!

PENEJANE

yes your right penejane :D

i was talking to kyle on the chatroom last night and he said that they used to be his and that they were bred of 1 female who was brought into NZ. she was brought in, had a few babies and then died... they are hybrids and should not be bred.

good luck everyone :D

Rogan

Nz has such a short supply of killies that we shuld keep these.Most of nz or all of nz gold gardneri were crossed with nigerianum so should we also kill them and have none left and probably never get them in??Comments like they shouldnt be bred coz there mongrels has no point to it as it is just different locations of bittaeniatum not different sp these 2 strains could LIVE 50km away from each other and may have just changed colour a bit even though the one in nz was believed to be an aquarium strain so was probably a hybrid anyway.So dont say dont breed them if u dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo Alan now that matt has pulled the auction off trademe should he still breed them?

Yes, definately breed them.

They now change from what Kyle reports to Aquarium strain.

They are still A. bitaeniatum

I did not know who the supplier to Matt was, and when asked, I had not had a reply from him when I read that it was, according to Matt, what appeared to be another strain of A. bitaeneatum.

Good luck with any that you may get LL from up north too.

By the way, these too are still only Aquarium Strain and used to be called A. bivattatum.

But in NZ at the moment though, there is a line of A. bitaeneatum Lagos

Alan 104

Nz has such a short supply of killies that we shuld keep these.Most of nz or all of nz gold gardneri were crossed with nigerianum so should we also kill them and have none left and probably never get them in??Comments like they shouldnt be bred coz there mongrels has no point to it as it is just different locations of bittaeniatum not different sp these 2 strains could LIVE 50km away from each other and may have just changed colour a bit even though the one in nz was believed to be an aquarium strain so was probably a hybrid anyway.So dont say dont breed them if u dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so let me (a livebreeder breeder) get this into terms that I can understand:

You're saying that it's like crossing a Cobra Guppy with Solid Colour strain, not like crossing a Platy with a Swordtail, right? Same species, just different variations.