Help!!! Which tank?????

Stigg

HI guys,

I'd love some advice. I'm looking at buying a tank for fresh tropical. There are these two below on trademe that look v good value but i can't find much info on them. Has anyone seen them before, any comments. I wonder if i could do a good job of painting the silver one black?

I was either going to go for one of these or an Aquaone ar980 which is more expensive and smaller, look good though. Please help, any advice would be much appriecated. Which one would you get???? Are the Aquaone tanks good value?

Cheers Steve ;0)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 740882.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 740911.htm

I have no experience with either of them but a lot depends on which you like the look of better.

I get my tanks made at a glazier's for a fraction of the cost but then of course you have to get a stand. One of my tanks is built into a wall unit, one sits on a stereo speaker, one is on a chest of drawers, another on a solid coffee table and the other one is on concrete blocks.

wow, going display already huh? :lol: i got a tank roughly that size custom made for 90 bucks (180L, four footer) so id imagine one equal to that size would only be around 120 or so. but then you need to make/ buy a stand. it all depends on what your after, if you really want a flash display tank then by all means get em if you got the cash, they certanly look awesome filled up with no front joins but seeing as im a tight arse i can probably set up a tank, with a plain stand, and all the bits and bobs and probably the fish for that much. but in saying that i look for cheaper ways to do things these days :wink:

personally, out of those two, id go the one with the blacky stand, bigger and for the same price :bounce: let us know what you decide and dont forget to post those pics once its full of happy fishies!

hi stigg........... go for the silver one as the black one has the filter inside the tank and the silver one is built into the hood...and all you need is a heater to make a complete setup..... i have the silver one and its a nice tank..... if you want a photo of one of these set up let me no as once setup they look very good...... the stand is basic but does the job and the tanks are well made .......... filter is way big enough for the size of the tank........ ive just moved my one to a new place in the house but before i did i was running 7 discus ,, 3 clown loaches ,, 2 BN's ,, 20 neons ,, a few guppys (babys make good discus food) 2 rams ,, some plattys ,, and a few more i forget now ..... the filter was handling all these fish very nicely......... and with tv's ,, stereos e.t.c coming out silver nowadays this tank matchs in nicely for a lounge display..... as i say if you want a pic of one of these all planted up let me no..... good value for money IMO!!

Hi Stigg.We have a silver tank from the same guy,have had it for about 6mth's now.Afew things to mention.

1- I agree with Stompa,go for the in hood filter.

2-Our one has a piece of thin polycarbonate or similar plastic sheeting to splash protect the in hood lights, check this is so as there seems to be some variances with different models.We have another Sun Sun which doesn't have this.

3-Check Front to Back measurement.Different colours seem to be different.We picked silver instead of Blue/White and ended up with 200L not 230 - 240L.Did not realise until we got home to the fabulously sunny B.O.P.Where it never rains.

4-Glass thickness is not great so must assume its probably toughened glass.Personal choice here.

We are happy with ours and will probably buy more in future.

Cheers Brian.S. PS Check his heater prices.