Fluffy Coralline

cracker

Yip, damn crap...I hate it!

Get one of your tangs to eat it. Apart from the couple that are reputed to eat it anyway, I think most may well eat it once they realise it is food.

I once accidentally trained a yellow tang to eat it when I was removing some and a bit got loose. The yellow, being a greedy bugger, sampled it, liked it and within a couple of weeks had rid the tank of it.

Currenly my blue tang removes any it can get it's nose into. Big fish, big nose, so some remains in the hard to get at places.

Steve

good, come up and train my blue tang to eat it then!!!

cant stand the stuff, as soon as you remove it the next day there are small clumps of it again. so hard not to pop sometimes :(

i think wasp posted a while back that he had some sort of invert (a crab?) that ate his?

Does you blue eat peas? That yellow used to, perhaps that had something to do with it sampling a floating bubble. (It was a sad day when I lost that fish. I had a coral bleach suddenly and I think the tang decided to sample the algae it ejected - a bad idea as it was dead shortly thereafter.)

The blue tang did not touch it in my previous tank but it does in this one. Perhap the reason is that my old tank had plenty of caulerpa when the fish arrived and this could keep up with its apetite. Caulerpa gets mowed down as soon as it appears in the current tank so it may be the tang has been forced to diversify.

Steve