Female bettas at chch animates moorhouse.

Loopy

what more do i need to say?

For those folks who have been looking, there are a bunch of very pretty little girls in moorhouse.

blues, reds and a couple of whites with red fins.

and i don't know bettas too great but they *may* be crowns?? they have the extanded rays on their tails.

I seccumbed and brought one on Friday morning (16th) but only because my blue male doesnt REALLY LIKE the red female he has bred with.

They are extremely young fish and are definitely not "CROWNS" and it will be at least 4 months on live food before I would even try breeding from her.

You would have seen that the pink body/redfin girls all had a bit of blue on their body (one was extremely noticeable) so that told me they were crosses, so not TRUE Cambodians or Butterfly's.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in animates on the weekend and they had more females in but they were under quarantine for about a week so they could be out by now (we know that some people tend to exaggerate time frames) so anyone close to Chch mite wanna go have a look again - looks like they may have come from the same breeder = same colours - mixes of blues, pinks, whites etc.

they also had a couple of pretty coloured boys when i was there but they are probably gone now......

• 4 weeks later...

No female bettas in Moorhouse or Blenheim road animates at the moment but got a very handsome male from the Blenheim Road one. Picked up a female from Ferry Road's Pet World...they have others but the others seemed a bit moth-eaten. And also got a female from Critter Kingdom (Blenheim Road) but had to ask because they were out the back. Apparantly Redwoods have some females at the moment...but they were closed yesterday.....pooh!