red kadango

James

hi there, last night I lost my female kadango as she got beaten up by the male. would anyone have any help to offer about breeding malawi's. I've had my tank up for about 1 and 1/2 years and have had no success in breeding. First I lost my female zebra's and with them I tried putting the females into seperate tanks by themselves but this lead to them eating the eggs a few days later. I would leave the females in the main 4 foot tank untill they started getting picked on by the other various fish. I tried leaving the females in the main but this lead to them getting beaten up till they died, then I tried moving the male and female in together in a seperate but this lead to the female holding and then getting killed by the male which is what happened with the kadango. Apart from the aggresion when it comes to mating there is none in the tank. Does anyone have any ideas because I lost all but one female zebra and after the last beating she took she's taken a interest in the male again but I to afraid to leave her in the main tank, also girafe and dolphin haps and mandarins are all starting to get their dance on. what should I do?

their all in a 4ft tank with about 17 fish and a eheim filter that pumps about 1000litre/hr. I've got about 2 - 3 fish of the same species but because of casulties the ratios have evened out. I've also got about 5 fry of those electric blues with the orange bottom fin but I've forgotten the scientific name for them, but their nearly big enough to go in the 4ft tank now.

sciaenochromis fyeri?? sounds ok, what temperture have you got them at?? are all the fish full grown apart from the fyeri?? have you go lots of caves?? in my 800litre tank i have like a wall like this about 40cm high in some places and goes right down the whole tank. are all your water parameters ok??

oooooooooo oooooooooo

oooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooo

oo ooooooooooo ooooooooooo oo

the fryri temp was at 29 as I keep both the tanks at the same, although they haven't got any colour yet their only about 2 months old brought them off trade me. do water changes every week, I've got lots of caves down one end the tank and its bare down the other, i'll try and put a photo up today some time.