Capitations for 2003-2004

Hello All,

A friendly reminder to all affiliated clubs to send in this years capitations nice and early.

Remember too that FNZAS capitations have dropped from $7.50 to $5.00.

I've already received the first clubs capitations for the new financial year, - well done CAPS.

Please note too; I prefer the membership lists by email in excel format if possible.

Warren

I hope you are not planning on handing out Year Books at conference as our club has no intention of paying for a book which should have been out 10 months ago and a new one is due in another 3.

Will get caps to you as soon as we get subs in. Have just started this. Whether you will get them in excel is another matter! :lol:

It is not 6 months until the next YB is due - it should go out with the August Aquarium World.

Since you are about to get this year's capitations, we should get the right list for the right year. Any information you have is already at least 9 months out of date since most club AGMs are in May and allowing 3 months for members to get their As into G.

Ok, maybe isn't quite 6 months then.

I only hope everyone does indeed get there A's into G too. I was still chasing some clubs in December for their list. Had it been submitted before then, there would have been less than half the previous years members listed and several clubs missing. Some clubs are very good at getting their details in early and some are not.

Keep in mind that we have a new Treasurer and new Editor. There are bound to be some teething problems as these people learn their new jobs. No one else wanted to do them so count yourselves lucky we have Aquariums Worlds and Yearbooks at all. As it happens I've rather enjoyed doing my part of the job this year.

Hopefully this year we will get a little more support and people will get their lists in on time. Now that I've learned what to do and how long it takes the same delays will not occur again. I will be chasing clubs up much earlier this year (assuming I'm still Treasurer after AGM).

Clubs should have their caps in by a certain date, if they dont make it by that cutoff point then they miss out on going into the year book,simple as that still feel the same way about the year book, its not worth having this year, as far as I am concerned HBAS will not be paying the year book levy this coming year.

/Bruce

Sounds like it had better be a topic for the FNZAS AGM Agenda. It obviously needs to be sorted out. Members of the fishroom who are in clubs around the country should discuss this before conference so their delegates can come armed with the necessary responses.

We meet on the 21st so I will make sure it is discussed. When I was editor and doing the YB I gave people a cut-off date and if the names weren't there, they didn't go in the book!