Internal bacterial meds?

nem2k2

So does anyone have any names of internal bacterial meds I could give my gourami? I've been told to look for Kanamyicin or Maracyn and Maracyn 2 (antibiotics are eythromyicin and minocycline and conbine both) on an international fish forum but I don't know if those meds are available here, I haven't seen them in the pet stores I usually go to

A lot of meds you have to get for humans as little is here in the way of animal meds as far as I know.

Erythromycin is available if you know a friendly Dr or chemist. AKA Eromycin and E-Mycin.

Minocycline is too and may also be found under Minomycin or Minotabs. Again, human meds.

Thanks for all the meds guys, I will take the list to the fish store and then the local chemist if that fails, see what I can get :)

How would working out doses of human meds for fish work out? Obviously you would give them a LOT less, but what's a good way to judge the dose amount & how often/long to treat?

if you cant find anything on the net about dosing and its effects it dont use it, if its not well documented i wouldnt risk it personally. ive only been told bout the augmentim by a good fish fellow but never seen any more about it so im hesitant to use it.