Bolivian Rams

wino

I have a pair of Bolivian rams - at least I hope they are a pair, one has more pointy fins and is a bit brighter coloured than the other one which has a rounder belly... have I got the sexing right?

Anyway yesterday and today they seem to think they are a pair, they are in good colour and are seeing all intruders off a corner of the tank, I can't see any eggs as yet. It's a planted tank with lots of bogwood, do they need anything else to do their thing (flowerpot or anything) or will they sort it out themselves?

I feel the need to get the second tank out and up and running....

My Bolivian Rams bred in pits they made in the gravel and ignored pots and rocks. From what this website says they could do any of the above. If they've staked out a territory already it's best to wait and see as they've prolly already picked a spawning site and adding something to that corner will freak them out. Feel free to add rocks and pots to anywhere else in the tank, tho, they might move to it if they fancy it.