Malawi Peacocks

Tropheus

Kadango's are a pretty cool fish, males are great looking when they are grown up. Females can be delicate.

I think the Copadichromis belongs in the Utaka group.

From reading posts by others there seem to be a few peacocks around. Bit hard to gauge from this side of the ditch. :roll:

Frenchy :D

Hi

Thats right Frenchy, Borleyi are Utaka. Peacocks are Aulonocara and from different parts of the lake.

With sexing Borleyi you might have to wait till they grow a little more as it does take time before the males colour up.

I had to wait till they where about 8-10cm before mine changed colour. The male that is.

Mike

yeah i have borleyis as well. a pair of baenschi, an ob zebra i think it is, a female iwanda, trio of ahhli from you mike (male is 9-10cm now and has coloured up really well also one female was holding but not anymore :-? , male hansbaenschi (sold), i think thats all. yeah i think you take the cake mike, you have every single one that i have minus the ob. :P

All cool Malawis :D

But more interested in Malawi Peacocks (Aulonocara Species). Have a few but I know the importers had a few on their list which I missed out on.

Kribkrazy, Got a breeding pair of OB's with about 100 fry. Not to fussed about these guys as they are hybribs (man made). Guess they look alright, but if any one breeding these guys make sure the females look like Peacocks, as there are ones out these that look like Zebras.( rounded head).

Had a pair of Iwanda's but the Male jumped the tank. So got a female as well. These guys are awesome, so you should be on the lookout for a male so we can get the numbers up in NZ.

MIke :)

no not at the moment but they get assorted peacocks in (maylandi and jacobfreibergi last time i was there i think) didn't you say something about them getting supplied by redwoods? and didn't you get your male from there?? that must be confusing lol.

Nick - Wonderworld has got to be one of the best shops in NZ its in rotorua, they have a post in the commercial t&e

• 2 months later...