Cat biscuits

jude

I feed dog biscuits from Bin In to some of my fish.

A handful a day into the tank, then duck for cover as the fish rise and snap for them.

Water goes everywhere.

They have caught me a few times.

What sort of fish are they??

Pacus, six of them.

Alan 104

holy moly alan what size tank are they in? bigger than 1500L im guessing for that many... if only i had room for a 1000L+ tank then i might get some...

the only thing id be concerned about is the fat/oil content and if it has the right vitamins etc.

They are in a six foot tank, and I know that they will need a bigger home.

I've booked them into the National Aquarium when I'm ready to part with them.

Yes the filtration is a problem, but it is aided by big water changes.

There doesnt seem to be a fat film on the surface of the water.

I'd love to know what temperature they could happily survive at.

I know of an establishment up this way that has a spring fed pond that sits at 17oC all year.

I may go and see if they'd like a donation.

The fish would love it if it's not to cold for them.

Alan 104

probably too cold for pacus... read ages ago on here bout some guy that keep one in cold water, didnt die just never grew to its potential size, may be a good thing to him but certanly not the fish!!! wheres the national aquarium at? ahhhh if only pacus didnt grow so big... good to see youve found a home for them in advance though, alot of people EAT them when their tanks get to small, thatd be like eating your dog. apparently thats what their caught for in the wild though.

lol to bruce_see, your the guinea pig now mate!

Oh yah, we have dry food. But, never saw cat biscuits sold here, but keep in mind we don't have (except for 1 small one) pet stores here. Hmmm...you can buy dog "biscuits" here and that is what they are called (I used to have a dog), you give them as a treat not as a meal. You can buy treats for cats but there not called nor do they look like a biscuit, like doggie biscuits do. The cat biscuits that you refer to are they an acutal biscuit?

Sorry off topic...just trying to explain.

Anyway, these cat bisuits...do you have to soften them up first before feeding to fishies?

I think they are probably the same as your dry cat food - they are usually small, can be different shapes, hard and crunchy.

They're probably about the size of our old 1c coin but that won't mean anything to you - or our even older threepenny coin.

:lol: Thats about the best I can do - they're hard to describe :lol:

Cheers

Jude

okay...I think I got it! See the doggie biscuits here, like I said are acutal biscuits (as opposed to the dry food). So, I think your right then, it is just what we would refer to here for the cats as dry food sounds like you also call cat biscuits! :-?

Why would you feed them to your fish though?

And they are nutritionally ok for the fishies? Duh, I guess you wouldn't be giving them to them if they weren't, what I'm trying to say is..... :-? :-? ...do they have everything in them that say...the flakes would???

bruce_see., could give an added flavor to a milk shake :lol: :lol: