DIY Re-Sealing

Rory

Ok i've been taking apart my tank and cleaning it ready for the big kaitaia to wellington trip and i noticed just how bad the seals were on the edges of my tank. (for the first time)

So i decided to reseal a few ot the edges (cause i had some sealant lying around i bought at the warehouse for $4.50!!! (sellys, aquarium safe)).

And i just have to say to anyone thinking about doing this that it is...amazingly easy

I have not filled it with water yet so i guess the proof is in the pudding but i'll let you all know how it goes.

Give it a go! :D

Have you actually removed the old silicon and replaced it with new or just siliconed over the top?

To do it properly the old silicon must be removed so the new silicon has good contact witn the glass.

Oh yeah! i ripped out the old stuff and it actually looks a whole lot better than whoever made the damn tank!!!

That is NOT the seal that you have done.

It is just the surplus glue from the seal (between the two glass surfaces) that has ozzed out and then been smooth off to form a pencilled corner.

Alan 104

:cry:

oh

well... the algae was eating it right back so it had to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

with regards to moving your tanks, depding on the size of them, pack them firmly in banana boxes, padded with polystyrene and a big balnket or duvet inside of the tank, for padding, i would also recooend if your have a local storage centre near by, see if the have and truck pads, or furniture blankets, care fully tape one of these arounf the outside of the tank, for added protection. if your using a removal company, then make sure you label the box as fish tank - Glass, Breakable. TOP Stow,That way everyone knows to be careful. If you pack your stuff securely and advise anyone picking it up or packing it, what it is, then your should be damage free. Good luck (Tsars Partner- Owner Esdot Transport)